These articles that have been posted on the AASM website in 2017 received the most online pageviews from Jan. 1 – June 29:
1. Updated AASM Scoring Manual (v2.4) with new calibration rules to be released April 1
All AASM-accredited sleep facilities will be required to implement the new rules in Version 2.4 by Oct. 1, 2017.
2. AASM publishes new guideline for diagnostic testing for adult sleep apnea
The guideline describes the circumstances under which attended polysomnography in an accredited sleep center or home sleep apnea testing should be performed for suspected obstructive sleep apnea.
3. New guideline provides clinical recommendations for specific insomnia drugs
A new clinical practice guideline is the first from the AASM to provide comprehensive, evidence-based analyses of individual agents commonly used in the treatment of chronic insomnia disorder.
4. AASM now offering expedited accreditation for sleep facilities impacted by revised Medicare policies
The AASM has created a new program that will expedite accreditation applications for sleep facilities impacted by recent changes to Medicare coverage policies for sleep studies.
5. Medicare contractor Noridian revises sleep study LCD policy to require accreditation
Medicare contractor Noridian Healthcare Services LLC announced revisions to its local coverage determination (LCD) policy for polysomnography and other sleep studies for Jurisdiction E (L36861) and Jurisdiction F (L34040), affecting sleep facilities in 13 states.