The American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM) offers a wide range of opportunities for physicians to earn AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ every month. Whether it’s on-demand learning opportunities, scientific research articles or live courses and events, AASM has your Continuing Medical Education covered.
State CME Requirements
The Federation of State Medical Boards (FSMB) has compiled the state CME requirements of each medical board, available in its advocacy directory of key issues by state.
CME Mission Statement
- PURPOSE: The mission of the American Academy of Sleep Medicine’s Continuing Medical Education (AASM CME) program is to provide activities that enhance the practice of sleep medicine.
- CONTENT AREAS: Educational activities will include basic science programs; instruction in the diagnosis of sleep disorders including technology and testing procedures; treatment of sleep disorders including the use of medical devices, pharmacotherapy and behavioral medicine; practice enhancement including standards of practice, regulatory issues, coding and office management; assessment of emerging trends in the practice of sleep medicine, technologies and therapies; and other public health concerns such as sleep deficiency and sleep and comorbidities.
- TARGET AUDIENCE: The AASM CME education program is targeted to sleep medicine specialists, trainees in sleep medicine and all physicians with an interest in improving recognition and treatment of sleep disorders.
- TYPES OF ACTIVITIES: Educational activities will include courses, seminars, internet activities and journal CME.
- EXPECTED RESULTS: AASM CME activities are expected to increase practitioner’s knowledge of the science of sleep medicine and standards of practice; improve recognition of sleep disorders and provision of appropriate treatments; and improve the accuracy, speed, and provision of treatment to sleep disorders patients.
Join your peers of clinicians, academics, and expert faculty to explore topics at the forefront of the field of sleep medicine. AASM CME courses are offered in a variety of locations and include evidence-based education on the entire range of sleep disorders and circadian research.
Available anytime, anywhere, on-demand CME modules provide the opportunity to earn AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ on a large variety of topics, whenever you choose. Select modules offer MOC points as well as CME.
Browse the complete offering of all On-Demand Learning Modules in the AASM Store and get started today. Look for the CME and MOC icons to identify credits/points awarded.
You can earn AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from the AASM by reading selected articles from the Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine (JCSM). In each monthly issue of JCSM, two articles are designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™, enabling you to earn 2.0 credits for each issue.
Simply go to learn.aasm.org to browse the journal CME list that is available in the “Digital CME/MOC” category. New AASM CME articles are added every month, and CME credit remains available for designated articles for one year after publication.
Select an issue from the list and complete your purchase to access the two articles designated for CME credit. You will have unlimited opportunities to pass the post-test to earn CME credit for each article. Go to learn.aasm.org to start earning CME credits today!
Earn continuing medical education (CME) credits while working towards your MOC.
The AASM continues to develop maintenance of certification modules that meet the requirements of leading medical boards and align with the sleep medicine exam blueprint. Each self-assessment exam is self-directed, giving you the freedom to explore and learn at your own pace. Modules contain multiple-choice, case-based questions written by board-certified sleep medicine physicians. Each question includes an explanation and references for further education. Visit the AASM store to see a complete list of module topics.
Your On-Demand modules, Journal CME, and self-assessment exams are all in one convenient place. Find all your purchased products in your AASM account.