Individual Member Benefits
Whether you are a seasoned professional or just starting, an AASM membership will help you develop your career with:
- AASM Insider: Stay up-to-date on trends, events and important topics in our weekly e-newsletter.
- AASM SmartBrief: A weekly e-newsletter that provides industry news and updates, analysis of health care trends and innovations, and research highlights.
- Talking Sleep: An AASM Podcast to help keep up on the latest developments in the practice of clinical sleep medicine.
- Journals: Get free online access to Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine and Journal SLEEP, two leading peer-reviewed journals in the field.
- Montage: Follow the recognition and advancements of your peers in this quarterly publication featuring member-submitted content.
- Social Media: Interact with others and keep up with the AASM on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn.
- Case Study of the Month: Test your knowledge with a free interactive case study for you to evaluate and review.
ADVANCE YOUR CAREER
- Professional Development: Sign up for courses, meetings, and online education that provide knowledge of clinical resources needed to treat patients with sleep disorders. Members also save $200 on registration for the SLEEP Annual Meeting.
- CME & CE Credits: Free to AASM members, AASM MOC self-assessment exams are available to help you earn CME credits while working toward your MOC requirements. There are also a ton of other opportunities to earn CME or CE through the AASM CME program.
- On-Demand Webinars: Free to AASM members, Growing list of On-Demand Webinars worth up to 4.5 CME/CEC.
- JCSM Submission Fee Waiver: The $50 submission fee for most article types is waived for current AASM members.
- Volunteer Opportunities: Members can get involved on a committee or task force, as course faculty or chair, and in positions of leadership.
- Become an AASM Fellow: Apply to tell us how you have made significant contributions to the field and get recognized by your peers. See requirements.
- Career Center: Explore exclusive job openings, set job alerts, read career advice articles and more.
- AASM Store: Browse a variety of on-demand learning modules, self-assessment exams and other educational & promotional products in the AASM Store. Members receive special discounts.
- Scholarship Opportunities: AASM Foundation and American Medical Association (AMA) Foundation have partnered to fund a scholarship that is being administered by the AMA Foundation’s Physicians of Tomorrow program. A $10,000 scholarship is provided to a medical student who is interested in pursuing a career in sleep medicine, maintains academic excellence and demonstrates a financial need.
BUILD YOUR NETWORK
- AASM Engage: The online community is a central place for discussions, resource sharing, mentor matching, networking and more.
- Membership Directory: Search and connect with over 10,000 members for personal and professional advancement.
- SLEEP Annual Meeting: Connect with over 5,000 attendees of researchers, clinicians, technologists, students, and other healthcare professionals at the annual SLEEP meeting.
- Membership Twitter: Get vital membership and practice information by following @AASMmembership on Twitter. New to Twitter? Check out our Twitter 101 guide for an introduction to the platform.
- AASM Mentor Program: Participate in the AASM Mentor Program and connect with aspiring and experienced professionals in the field of sleep.
ACCESS RELEVANT RESOURCES AND EVIDENCE-BASED GUIDANCE
- Telemedicine Resources: members have access to a host of resources to help learn how to adopt telemedicine in their practices, including an implementation guide, coding information, patient evaluation templates, a library of videos sharing tips and instructions, FAQs, case studies, and more.
- Electronic Health Records (EHR) Handbook: This members-only handbook features specific tips and case studies for everything from customizing navigation and note templates to automating order entry.
- Clinical Practice Guidelines & Clinical Guidance Statements: Members receive early notification when the AASM releases new clinical practice guidelines and clinical guidance statements that set standards for the field. For each clinical practice guideline, only members have access to a ‘guideline-at-a-glance’ resource, which provides a snapshot of the recommendations in the guideline.
- Coding & Compliance: Receive timely updates when policy or billing issues arise and contact the AASM national office staff for guidance. Members have complimentary access to a coding and reimbursement quick reference guide that provides information about diagnostic and procedural codes for sleep, telemedicine, and E/M codes.
- Scoring Manual: Free online access to this definitive reference for the evaluation of polysomnography (PSG) and home sleep apnea tests (HSATs).
- #SleepTechnology: The AASM’s directory of emerging consumer and clinical sleep technology
- Physician Reporting of Sleep Studies: Access templates with clear and streamlined content to download for use in your sleep study report.
Join the best and brightest when you become a member of the AASM!
The AASM Membership term runs on a calendar year basis (January to December)