Apply or Renew
Regardless of your accreditation type, you can apply through our easy-to-use online application process. Be sure to review the special application types we offer to ensure that you are choosing the process that works best for your sleep medicine organization.
The AASM encourages all new sleep medicine accreditation applicants to review the available resources regarding the accreditation process before applying. This information will help you know what to expect during the process.
If you are applying for reaccreditation or have already started an application, please login to your account and go to “Accreditation Organizations” to resume your progress or begin your reaccreditation application.
Maintenance of Accreditation
Keep current with any timely accreditation standards and maintain your policies, procedures and staff documentation while accredited; actively work within your next reaccreditation application for a more seamless reaccreditation in the future.
- Review the Standards for Accreditation for the type of application you are applying for:
- Review the Accreditation Policies and Procedures completely before beginning the online application.
- Complete and submit the online application for accreditation and applicable payment to begin the accreditation process.
- The American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM) will review your application and contact you within four to six weeks of your application submission/payment.
- The AASM will work with the facility to address any issues within the application.
- After all requirements have been met the AASM Board of Directors will review the facility and make a decision regarding accreditation.
- Receive your accreditation decision from the AASM via mail.