Become an AASM Fellow
Take the next step to upgrade your member status to Fellow, the AASM’s elite category of membership. Fellow status demonstrates your special competency in sleep medicine, significant contributions to the field, as well as continued membership in the AASM.
Over 2,000 members and counting have attained this distinction. Join them!
Requirements for Fellow Membership
- Membership with the AASM as a Regular member for the last five consecutive years.
- Demonstrate special contributions to scientific literature or significant advancements in the field of Sleep Medicine in at least two of four areas: Scholarship, Service, Health Professional Education or Public Awareness.
- Letter of recommendation from an AASM Fellow Member or someone board certified in Sleep Medicine describing the nominee’s achievements in a least two of the four areas noted.
- Second letter of support from an independent medical professional outside the group or department of the nominee.
- Copy of the nominee’s curriculum vitae and documentation of certification, if applicable.
To apply, please submit the application form and required documents, at one time, to the national office. Submission of an application does not guarantee acceptance as an AASM Fellow Member.
Submit by email to the membership department at firstname.lastname@example.org or send by mail to:
American Academy of Sleep Medicine
Attn: Membership Department
2510 North Frontage Road
Darien, IL 60561