Become an AASM Fellow
Take the next step to upgrade your member status to Fellow, the AASM’s elite category of membership. Fellow status demonstrates your special competency in sleep medicine, significant contributions to the field, as well as continued membership in the AASM.
Over 2,000 members and counting have attained this distinction. Join them!
Requirements for Fellow Membership:
- Membership with the AASM as a Regular member for the last five consecutive years.
- Demonstrate special contributions to scientific literature or significant advancements in the field of Sleep Medicine in at least two of three areas: Scholarship, Service, or Education (Health Professionals/Public Awareness).
- Two Letters of Recommendation/Support:
- Letter of recommendation from an AASM Fellow Member or someone board certified in Sleep Medicine describing the nominee’s achievements in a least two of the three areas noted. Letter cannot be written by a current AASM board member.
- Second letter of support from an independent medical professional outside the group or department of the nominee.This letter of recommendation cannot be written by an immediate family member, a subordinate, or a current AASM board member.
- Copy of the nominee’s curriculum vitae and documentation of certification, if applicable.
Submission of an application does not guarantee acceptance as an AASM Fellow Member.
To apply, please submit the application form and required documents, at one time, to the national office. Submission of an application does not guarantee acceptance as an AASM Fellow Member.
Submit by email to the AASM, the sleep medicine specialist society at email@example.com or send by mail to:
American Academy of Sleep Medicine
Attn: Membership Department
2510 North Frontage Road
Darien, IL 60561