Become an AASM Fellow
Take the next step to upgrade your member status to Fellow, the AASM’s elite category of membership. Fellow status demonstrates your special competency in sleep medicine, significant contributions to the field, as well as continued membership in the AASM.
The AASM accepts applications for Fellow membership on an annual review schedule. To apply to be an AASM Fellow, view the requirements and schedule below.
Over 2,000 members and counting have attained this distinction. Join them!
Requirements for Fellow Membership
- Membership with the AASM as a Regular member for the last five consecutive years
- Demonstration of special contributions to scientific literature or significant advancements in the field of sleep medicine in at least two of three areas: Scholarship, Service, or Education (Health Professionals/Public Awareness)
- Two letters of recommendation/support:
- Letter of recommendation from an AASM Fellow member or someone board certified in sleep medicine describing the nominee’s achievements in at least two of the three areas noted. Letter cannot be written by a current AASM board member.
- Second letter of support from an independent medical professional outside the group or department of the nominee. This letter of recommendation cannot be written by an immediate family member, a subordinate, or a current AASM board member.
- Copy of the nominee’s curriculum vitae and documentation of certification, if applicable
2022 Fellow applicant schedule
|Applications Open for 2022:||Oct. 1, 2021 to Dec. 1, 2021|
|Application Review:||Dec. 1, 2021 to Dec. 15, 2021|
|Results Shared with Applicants:||Mid-February|
|New Fellow Members Announced to Public:||April 1|
|New Fellow Ceremony:||AASM Membership Meeting at SLEEP (June)|
APPLICATION FORMS WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD ON OCTOBER 1ST.
To apply, please submit the application form and required documents, at one time, to the national office. Submission of an application does not guarantee acceptance as an AASM Fellow member.
Submit by email to the AASM, the sleep medicine specialist society, at firstname.lastname@example.org or send by mail to:
American Academy of Sleep Medicine
Attn: Membership Department
2510 North Frontage Road
Darien, IL 60561