Why join the AASM?
Whether you are a resident, new physician, or experienced specialist, the AASM helps support your career at any stage. As an AASM member, you are connected to a community of over 10,000 physicians, researchers, technologists, nurses and others who share a passion and knowledge for sleep medicine.
Membership gives you exclusive access to resources, education, and member connections that help you advance your career. Come join your peers in pursuing advancements in the field of sleep and get involved in what you love by becoming a part of the AASM community. Join online or download an application.
- An individual who possesses an MD, DO, PhD, DDS, or other doctoral degree in the healthcare field
- Active in sleep disorders medicine
- Discounted membership pricing ($125) available to physicians 35 or younger
- Individuals who have special training in the healthcare field
- Advanced care practitioners, respiratory therapists, sleep technologists, and sleep center managers
- Active in the clinical and/or research aspect of sleep medicine
- Discounted pricing ($100) available to staff who are employed by an AASM Facility Member.
- Medical students, residents, or fellows in a formal training
- Not eligible for sleep technology students or those who returning to school for additional education unrelated to Sleep Medicine or Sleep Research
- Required: a letter of verification from your program director/registrar verifying your student status within 2 weeks of application (memberships will remain inactive until verification is received)
- Individuals employed in the manufacture or sale of pharmaceuticals or equipment
- Individuals who have demonstrated special competency in sleep medicine and have made significant contributions to the field
- Must have been a Regular Member for the last 5 consecutive years; additional requirements for fellows found here
- Individuals who are 70 years of age or older
- Must have been a Regular or Fellow Member of the AASM for at least 20 non-consecutive years
- Request by phone (630) 737-9710 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For individuals residing in countries classified by the World Bank as low-income, lower-middle-income, or upper-middle-income (list of eligible countries)
- Applicant’s mailing address must be located in one of the above mentioned countries to receive the discounted dues rate
- Excludes voting rights
$0 – $125
- For individuals who require additional dues assistance or do not reside in one of the World Bank designated countries under Option A
- Limited to 2 years
- Individuals must submit a written letter requesting Corresponding Membership B status describing the hardship that necessitates such application to be reviewed by the Board of Directors
Free online access to the top two sleep journals, Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine and Journal SLEEP
Immediate access to practice tools and resources that help you do your job better
Network with over 10,000 members through the AASM Member Directory
Save on products, modules, and courses with your member discounts
The American Academy of Sleep Medicine congratulates the recipient of the 2018 Young Investigator Award, Camila Hirotsu, and the three [...]
We have heard our members ask the same question, "How can we better network with fellow sleep professionals?" To bridge [...]
Now is a great time to join the American Academy of Sleep Medicine and experience membership for a reduced fee. [...]