Facility Membership Benefits
As an AASM accredited facility, you are also eligible for AASM facility membership, which distinguishes your facility from your competition with:
NEW FOR 2018
- Reduced pricing for facility member staff: As an added benefit, affiliate members who are employed by an AASM Accredited Facility Member now have the opportunity to join at a discounted rate of $150, that’s $100 off.
- Reaccreditation: Receive a $2,700.00 discount on your facility’s reaccreditation fee.
- Inter-scorer Reliability Program (ISR): Test the scoring ability of your staff by using the Inter-scorer Reliability program through which accredited facility members save up to 50%.
- AASM SleepTM: Facility members receive unlimited minutes for the first 30 days, with no set-up fee or annual fee.
- Education & Products: Save on AASM course registrations and AASM products, including reference manuals and online educational resources.
- Scoring Manual Access: Accredited Member Facilities are able to provide digital access to the AASM Scoring Manual for all staff members, simply fill out this form and we will process the request.
- Directory Listings: Enhance your facility’s visibility through a free listing in the online directory at sleepeducation.org, the AASM’s membership directory and bi-annual facility rosters.
- Online Career Center: Post open employment opportunities at your facility or browse our resume databank to find your next great hire.
- AASM Accredited Member Logo Use: Include the AASM Accredited Member logo in your facility’s promotional materials to give your practice a visible “stamp of approval.” Submit an AASM Trademark Agreement request or see our trademark policy overview.
- Personalized Brochures: Have your facility’s contact information and AASM Accredited Member logo professionally printed on any of the AASM’s patient education brochures.
PRACTICE MANAGEMENT SUPPORT
- A-CEP: An online training program consisting of 13 learning modules that teach sleep facility staff the key concepts of coding, insurance, and reimbursement. Each facility receives 5 access codes that may be distributed for use.
- Media Relations Toolkit: This resource provides materials that help guide you through the process of promoting your sleep medicine practice to local print and broadcast media.
- Coding & Compliance Support: Stay current on enforcement activity and contact the AASM National Office for guidance when billing questions arise.
- Advocacy for Reimbursement: Benefit from the AASM’s efforts to link reimbursement to AASM-accreditation and to ensure that sleep specialists receive fair compensation for their services.
- Evolve Sleep: An all-inclusive toolkit to provide the quality sleep care of the 21st century that brings the latest in practice standards, practice management and patient outreach to your fingertips.
SCIENCE & RESEARCH
- Practice Parameters and Clinical Guidelines: Receive early notification when the AASM releases new practice parameters and clinical guidelines that set standards for the field.
- Journals: Receive online subscriptions to the peer-reviewed journals, SLEEP and the Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine (JCSM).
- Sleep Research Support: Benefit from the AASM’s efforts to increase funding and awareness for sleep research through contact with the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and advocacy of increased funding for the NIH through Congress.
Annual Dues: $1,100
The AASM Membership term runs on a calendar year basis (January to December)