Facility Membership Benefits
The AASM Membership term runs on a calendar year basis (January to December). Join as a Facility member for only $1,100 annually.
With an AASM sleep study facility accreditation, you are also eligible for AASM facility membership, which distinguishes your facility from your competition with:
MOST VALUABLE BENEFIT
- Reduced pricing for facility member staff: As an added benefit, team members who are employed by an AASM Accredited Facility Member can join/renew at a discounted rate of $100, that’s $100 off.
- Reaccreditation: Receive a $2,700.00 discount on your sleep study facility’s reaccreditation fee.
- Sleep ISR: Test the scoring ability of your staff by using the Sleep ISR program through which accredited facility members save up to $400 annually.
- Education & Products: Save on AASM course registrations and AASM products, including reference manuals and online educational resources. (Does not include SLEEP Meeting run by APSS)
- Scoring Manual Access: Accredited Member Facilities are able to provide digital access to the AASM Scoring Manual for all staff members, simply fill out this form and we will process the request.
- Directory Listings: Enhance your facility’s visibility through a free listing in the “Find a Sleep Center” section of the patient education website, sleepeducation.org.
- Online Career Center: Post open employment opportunities at your facility or browse our resume databank to find your next great hire. Visit the AASM’s Career Center now.
- AASM Accredited Member Logo Use: Include the AASM Accredited Member logo in your sleep study facility’s promotional materials to give your practice a visible “stamp of approval.”
- Personalized Brochures: Have your facility’s contact information and AASM Accredited Member logo professionally printed on any of the AASM’s patient education brochures.
PRACTICE MANAGEMENT SUPPORT
- A-CEP: An online training program consisting of 13 learning modules that teach sleep facility staff the key concepts of coding, insurance, and reimbursement. Each facility can distribute free access for up to 5 staff members.
- Media Relations Toolkit: This resource provides materials that help guide you through the process of promoting your sleep medicine practice to local print and broadcast media.
- Coding & Compliance Support: Stay current on enforcement activity and contact the AASM National Office for guidance when billing questions arise.
- Advocacy for Reimbursement: Benefit from the AASM’s efforts to link reimbursement to AASM-accreditation and to ensure that sleep specialists receive fair compensation for their services.
SCIENCE & RESEARCH
- Clinical Practice Guidelines & Clinical Guidance Statements: Members receive early notification when the AASM releases new clinical practice guidelines and clinical guidance statements that set standards for the field. For each clinical practice guideline, only members have access to a ‘guideline-at-a-glance’ resource, which provides a snapshot of the recommendations in the guideline.
- Journals: Receive online subscriptions to the peer-reviewed journals, SLEEP and the Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine (JCSM).
- Sleep Research Support: Benefit from the AASM’s efforts to increase funding and awareness for sleep research through contact with the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and advocacy of increased funding for the NIH through Congress.