Kannan Ramar, MBBS, MD, is the 2020— 2021 president of the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM). A member of the AASM since 2006, Dr. Ramar is a sleep medicine physician at the Center for Sleep Medicine and a professor of medicine in the division of pulmonary and critical care medicine at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, where he serves as the safety officer for Mayo Clinic, Rochester, and as the assistant dean of clinical learning environment optimization (CLEO) through the Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education. He previously served as the education chair for the division and program director of the pulmonary and critical care medicine fellowship programs. Dr. Ramar also serves on the board of directors of the AASM Foundation, American Board of Sleep Medicine, and Minnesota Alliance for Patient Safety.
Dr. Ramar provides regular messages to the membership about current initiatives and developments. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Abiding by core values to guide key decisions (Feb. 19)
- A New Year 2021: Endless possibilities amid ongoing challenges (Jan. 21)
- COVID-19 and Sleep Medicine Update | AASM town hall forum (Jan. 19)
- Reflections on disruption and adaptability as a new year arrives (Dec. 17)
- Reasons to be thankful during these challenging times (Nov. 19)
- AASM takes the pulse of the sleep field and responds to COVID-19 | JCSM Special Article (Nov. 15)
- Change, the only permanence in life! (Oct. 15)
- Lessons from the COVID-19 pandemic and how to use them to our advantage (Sept. 18)
- COVID-19 and Sleep Medicine | AASM town hall forum (Sept. 10)
- Caring for others brings us joy and happiness (Aug. 13)
- The COVID-19 pandemic: reflections for the field of sleep medicine | JCSM Editorial (July 15)
- Leadership from all of us is the need of the hour (July 15)
- Adapting to change during difficult times (June 25)