The AASM Manual for the Scoring of Sleep and Associated Events, Version 2.4, will be released April 1, 2017. Based on the recommendations of the AASM Scoring Manual Editorial Board, the AASM Board of Directors has approved the following changes in this scoring manual update:
- A new section on performing calibrations to document appropriate system response was added to the Technical and Digital Specifications chapter (Section E).
- The recommended EOG electrode positions and figure were updated in Section B of the Adult Sleep Staging Rules.
- A new note was added to Rule D.1 of the Adult Sleep Staging Rules to clarify when to use the term “Stage R” versus “REM sleep.”
- The definition of “slow wave activity” in Rule D.3 of the Adult Sleep Staging Rules was updated for consistency to be >75 uV throughout the Scoring Manual.
- The definition of “atrial fibrillation” was updated in both the Glossary and in Rule B.6 of the Cardiac Rules chapter.
- Rule B.4 in the Movement Rules chapter was revised to remove mention of a “sleep-disordered breathing event.”
- New notes were added to the Respiratory Rules for Children for Scoring of Apneas and Scoring of Hypopneas.
All digital subscribers will have access to the update when it goes live on April 1. Print orders are being accepted and will be shipped as soon as printing completes. All AASM-accredited sleep facilities will be required to implement the new rules in Version 2.4 by Oct. 1, 2017.
Updated annually, the AASM Manual for the Scoring of Sleep and Associated Events is an online resource offering you multi-platform digital access from your desktop, tablet and mobile device. Subscribers can access the manual via the AASM website or by using the AASM Resource Library app, which is a free download through the App Store or Google play.
An annual subscription ensures that you always have immediate access to the current version of the manual, and it enables you to remain compliant with AASM accreditation standards.
Updated March 29, 2017