The AASM invites qualified members to nominate themselves to be considered for a position that will be opening in 2022 on the AASM Nominating Committee.
There will be one opening for a two-year term as an at-large member of the Nominating Committee, which is responsible for evaluating applications and recommending candidates for the Board of Directors. The name of the final candidate will be submitted to the membership for election to the position. The term of service for the new appointee to the Nominating Committee will commence in June at SLEEP 2022.
Standard qualifications for service in this role include:
- A member in good standing
- An AASM member in good standing for five (5) consecutive years and/or have served on an AASM committee or task force at some time during the past five years
- Meet AASM’s conflict of interest standards
Members interested in nominating themselves for the Nominating Committee are required to review the AASM Conflict of Interest Policy before completing and submitting the following documentation:
- Board of Directors and Nominating Committee Interest Form and Questionnaire
- Conflict of Interest Disclosure Form
- Brief CV, biosketch or resume (The biosketch template can be used if desired, but it is not the required format.)
The required documentation must be submitted to Christen Whittington at email@example.com by Sunday, Nov. 21, 2021.