The American Academy of Sleep Medicine congratulates the members who were elected to positions of leadership during the 2020 AASM leadership election, including Raman Malhotra, MD, who was elected as the 2020 – 2021 president-elect, and Jennifer Martin, PhD, who was elected as secretary/treasurer.
Lynn Marie Trotti, MD, MSc, and Vishesh Kapur, MD, MPH, were elected to the position of director-at-large. R. Nisha Aurora, MD, Fariha Abbasi-Feinberg, MD, Carol Rosen, MD, and James Rowley, MD, were re-elected to serve another term as director-at-large. Sam Fleishman, MD, was elected as an at-large member of the Nominating Committee.
These leaders were nominated by the board of directors following their recommendation by the Nominating Committee, and they were elected by a vote of the membership. Their terms will commence later this year during the AASM annual membership meeting. During the membership meeting, the current president-elect, Kannan Ramar, MD, will become the 2020 – 2021 AASM president.
The AASM thanks all members who participated in the leadership election.
- Raman K. Malhotra, MD, FAASM, associate professor in the Sleep Medicine Section of the Department of Neurology at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis
- Jennifer L. Martin, PhD, FAASM, professor of medicine at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and associate director for clinical and health services research in the VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System’s Geriatric Research, Education, and Clinical Center
- Fariha Abbasi-Feinberg, MD, FAASM, medical director of sleep medicine at Millennium Physician Group in Fort Myers, Florida
- Nisha Aurora, MD, MHS, FAASM, associate professor of medicine at Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School in New Jersey
- Vishesh K. Kapur, MD, MPH, FAASM, professor of medicine at the University of Washington, director of the Sleep Medicine Program for the Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine, program director for the Sleep Medicine Fellowship Program, and founder of the UW Medicine Sleep Center
- Carol L. Rosen, MD, FAASM, professor emeritus in the Case Western Reserve University Department of Pediatrics in Cleveland
- James A. Rowley, MD, FAASM, professor of medicine at Wayne State University School of Medicine, division chief of Pulmonary/Critical Care & Sleep Medicine, program director of the pulmonary/critical care fellowship at the Detroit Medical Center, medical director of the Detroit Receiving Hospital Sleep Disorders Center, and chair of the DMC Pharmacy & Therapeutics Committee
- Lynn Marie Trotti, MD, MSc, associate professor of neurology at Emory University and assistant program director for the sleep medicine fellowship
Nominating Committee At-Large Member
- Sam A. Fleishman, MD, FAASM, chief medical officer of Cape Fear Valley Health in Fayetteville, North Carolina