The AASM invites qualified members to nominate themselves to be considered for a position that will be opening in 2020 on the AASM Nominating Committee.
There will be at least one opening for a two-year term as an at-large member of the Nominating Committee, which is responsible for evaluating applications and recommending candidates for the Board of Directors. The name of the final candidate will be submitted to the membership for election to the position.
Standard qualifications for service in this role include:
- A member in good standing
- A member of the AASM for at least five consecutive years
- Service on an AASM committee or task force at some time in the past five years
The term of service for the new appointee to the Nominating Committee will commence in June at SLEEP 2020.
Members interested in nominating themselves for the Nominating Committee are required to review the conflict of interest policy before completing and submitting the following documentation:
- Nominating Committee Interest Form
- Brief CV or Biosketch (maximum two pages), or resume – template can be used if desired; it is not the required format.
- Conflict of Interest Disclosure Form (Tier 3)
- Letter of intent
Nominated members will also need to be available by phone when the Nominating Committee meets to answer any additional questions regarding your application.
The required documentation must be submitted to Kimberly McNamara at firstname.lastname@example.org. The submission deadline has been extended to Sunday, Nov. 17, 2019.
Updated Nov. 7, 2019