The AASM invites qualified members to nominate themselves to be considered for positions that will be opening in 2020 on the AASM Board of Directors.
There will be a minimum of two openings for a three-year term as an at-large member of the Board of Directors. Directors are eligible for re-election for no more than one additional consecutive term. Directors are required to attend five face-to-face meetings annually and participate in conference calls as necessary. The names of the final candidate(s) will be submitted to the membership for election to the position.
Standard qualifications for service in this role include:
- A voting member in good standing
- A member of the AASM for at least five consecutive years
- Service on an AASM committee or task force at some time in the past five years
Terms of service for new appointees to the AASM Board of Directors will commence in June at SLEEP 2020.
Members interested in nominating themselves for the Board of Directors are required to review the conflict of interest policy before completing and submitting the following documentation:
- Board of Directors Interest Form
- Brief CV or Biosketch (maximum two pages), or resume – template can be used if desired; it is not the required format.
- Conflict of Interest Disclosure Form (Tier 1)
- Nominee Questionnaire
Nominated members will also need to be available by phone when the Nominating Committee meets to answer any additional questions regarding your application.
The required documentation must be submitted to Kimberly McNamara at email@example.com. The submission deadline has been extended to Sunday, Nov. 17, 2019.
Updated Nov. 7, 2019