The American Academy of Sleep Medicine congratulates the members who were elected to positions of leadership during the 2021 AASM leadership election, including Jennifer L. Martin, PhD, who was elected as the 2021 – 2022 president-elect, and James A. Rowley, MD, who was elected as secretary/treasurer.
David Kuhlmann, MD, was elected to serve as a director. Anita Shelgikar, MD, MHPE, and Lynn Marie Trotti, MD, MSc, were re-elected to serve another term as a director. Dominic Gault, MD, was elected as an at-large member of the Nominating Committee.
These leaders were nominated by the board of directors following their recommendation by the Nominating Committee, and they were elected by a vote of the membership. Their terms will commence Monday, June 14, during the virtual AASM annual membership meeting, when the current president-elect, Raman Malhotra, MD, will become the 2021 – 2022 AASM president.
The AASM thanks all members who participated in the leadership election.
- Jennifer L. Martin, PhD, FAASM, clinical psychologist and professor of medicine at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, and associate director for clinical and health services research in the VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System’s Geriatric Research, Education, and Clinical Center
- James A. Rowley, MD, FAASM, professor of medicine at Wayne State University School of Medicine, division chief of pulmonary/critical care & sleep medicine, program director of the pulmonary/critical care fellowship at Detroit Medical Center, medical director of the Detroit Receiving Hospital Sleep Disorders Center, and chair of the DMC Pharmacy & Therapeutics Committee
- David Kuhlmann, MD, FAASM, medical director of sleep medicine at Bothwell Regional Health Center in Sedalia, Missouri
- Anita Shelgikar, MD, MHPE, FAASM, associate professor of neurology and program director of the sleep medicine fellowship at the University of Michigan
- Lynn Marie Trotti, MD, MSc, associate professor of neurology and assistant program director for the sleep medicine fellowship at Emory University
NOMINATING COMMITTEE AT-LARGE MEMBER
- Dominic Gault, MD, FAASM, medical director of the Division of Pediatric Sleep Medicine at Prisma Health Children’s Hospital-Upstate and clinical associate professor at the University of South Carolina School of Medicine Greenville