The AASM Sleep Clinical Data Registry (Sleep CDR) has been approved by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) for inclusion in the Quality Payment Program (QPP) as a Qualified Clinical Data Registry (QCDR) for 2023. Sleep medicine professionals now can use Sleep CDR to report data to support the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) and/or Alternative Payment Model Pathways.
The AASM will have two quality measures included in the QPP for 2023:
- Sleep Apnea: Severity Assessment at Initial Diagnosis
- Sleep Apnea: Assessment of Adherence to Positive Airway Pressure Therapy
The AASM also received approval to include three QCDR measures in the QPP for 2023:
- Pediatric OSA: Objective Assessment of Positive Airway Pressure Therapy Adherence
- Pediatric OSA: Objective Assessment of OSA Signs and Symptoms in Children with Complex Medical Conditions
- Adult OSA: Screening for Adult OSA by Primary Care Physicians
Sleep CDR users should be aware of two impending deadlines:
- Sleep CDR users need to submit an intent to submit 2022 quality measure data, via the registry, by Jan. 31, 2023.
- Sleep CDR users that intend to submit 2022 data need to have all data submitted by Feb. 28, 2023.
Members may submit questions about Sleep CDR and/or the Quality Payment Program to firstname.lastname@example.org.