Join Clifford Saper, MD, PhD, for a webinar entitled "Hypothalamic Regulation of Sleep and Circadian Rhythms," the second in the new Basics of Sleep Webinar series. This 60-minute, online session will address these topics:
- Neuronal systems that control sleep and wakefulness
- The flip-flop switch model for wake-sleep state switching
- The role of orexin neurons in regulating the wake-sleep switch
- How the circadian signal from the suprachiasmatic nucleus acts on the wake-sleep switch
- Recent data indicating that under certain circumstances, a second circadian clock may be turned on that supercedes the suprachiasmatic nucleus, and can rapidly adjust wake-sleep cycles.
This webinar will take place on Tuesday, April 29, 2008, at 12 p.m. CDT. Register online at www.sleepresearchsociety.org/News.aspx?id=769.