FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Doug Dusik, 630-737-9700, ext. 9364, email@example.com
DARIEN, IL – Sleep clinicians and scientists from around the world will be in Boston on June 11 – 13 for SLEEP 2012, the premier event for sleep and circadian science that blends the most current sleep research with the best clinical practices.
SLEEP 2012, the 26th Annual Meeting of the Associated Professional Sleep Societies LLC (APSS), is being held at the John B. Hynes Veterans Memorial Convention Center. SLEEP is filled with scientific sessions and an exhibition hall focused solely on sleep medicine and sleep research.
This year’s program (available at www.sleepmeeting.org) includes a broad array of sessions that will be of interest to seasoned clinicians and researchers as well as those just entering the field. Among the highlights:
- Fifteen to 20 embargoed press releases covering the studies at SLEEP 2012 of most interest to a general audience. These releases will be embargoed and made available in advance to the news media. Interviews with authors can be scheduled by request, provided the lead author is available.
- Updates and discussion on social media. Follow @aasmorg on Twitter for live updates and use the official hashtag #SLEEP2012 to see what attendees are saying. “Like” the American Academy of Sleep Medicine on Facebook at Facebook.com/sleepmedicine for photos, videos and more.
- Mark Rosekind, PhD, a member of the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) and expert on fatigue in pilots and astronauts, will give a keynote address, “From Bench to Planes, Trains and Automobiles: How Sleep Science Can Enhance Transportation Safety.”
- “Sleep, Memory, and Dreams: Extracting the Meaning of Our Lives,” a second keynote address, will be presented by Robert Stickgold, PhD, of Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School in Boston.
- Health care reform will be the topic of invited lecturer Charles Buck, JD, of McDermott Will & Emery LLP in Boston.
- A morning panel of sleep experts will review and discuss challenging cases submitted in advance by attendees.
- More than 140 exhibitors will showcase the latest products and services available for sleep medicine.
To be placed on the mailing list for SLEEP 2012 press releases or to register for SLEEP 2012 press credentials, contact AASM PR Coordinator Doug Dusik at 630-737-9700, ext. 9364, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A joint venture of the American Academy of Sleep Medicine and the Sleep Research Society, the annual SLEEP meeting brings together an international body of more than 5,500 leading clinicians and scientists in the fields of sleep medicine and sleep research. At SLEEP 2012 (www.sleepmeeting.org), more than 1,300 research abstract presentations will showcase new findings that contribute to the understanding of sleep and the effective diagnosis and treatment of sleep disorders such as insomnia, narcolepsy and sleep apnea.