The American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM) invites qualified members to nominate themselves to be considered for a position that will be opening in 2018 on the AASM Nominating Committee.
There will be one opening for a two-year term as an at-large member of the Nominating Committee, which is responsible for evaluating applications and recommending candidates for the Board of Directors. The name of the final candidate will be submitted to the membership for election to the position.
Standard qualifications for service in this role include:
- A member in good standing
- A member of the AASM for at least five consecutive years
- Service on an AASM committee or task force at some time in the past five years
Terms of service for new appointees to the Nominating Committee will commence in June at SLEEP 2018.
Members interested in nominating themselves for the Nominating Committee are required to review the conflict of interest policy before completing and submitting the following documentation:
- Nominating Committee Interest Form
- Brief CV or Biosketch (maximum two pages) – template can be used if desired; it is not the required format.
- Conflict of interest disclosure form
- Letter of intent
Nominated members should also be available by phone on Friday, Jan. 5, 2018, to answer any additional questions the current Nominating Committee may have regarding your application.
The required documentation must be submitted to Britney Heald by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Monday, Nov. 27, 2017.