The National Institute on Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases has posted a draft strategic research planning report to invite comment by members of the scientific community and the public. In developing this draft research plan, “Advances and Emerging Opportunities in Diabetes Research: A Strategic Planning Report of the DMICC,” members of the federal, investigative and lay communities have sought to identify compelling opportunities for research on diabetes in a variety of fields over the next decade. The deadline for receipt of comments is March 31, 2010.
Plan chapters that may be of interest to sleep and circadian researchers include:
- Type 2 Diabetes as a Multi-Dimensional Disease
- Clinical Research and Clinical Trials
- Special Needs for Special Populations
- Diabetes Complications
- Clinical Research to Practice: Translational Research
- Resource and Infrastructure Needs for Diabetes Research