SLEEP 2011, the 25th Anniversary Meeting of the Associated Professional Sleep Societies LLC (APSS), will be held June 11–15, 2011, at the Minneapolis Convention Center in Minneapolis, Minn. During this historic meeting, several thought leaders in the sleep field are slated to present symposia sessions, which are two-hour sessions focusing on the latest data and ideas in sleep research and sleep medicine. Just a few of the symposia being offered are:
- Cognition and Behavior in Snoring and OSA–The Neuropsychologist’s Perspective
Sunday, June 12, 2011, 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
Chair: Karen Spruyt, PhD
- Correcting Circadian Misalignment with Light and Melatonin – From Theory to Practice
Sunday, June 12, 2011; 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
Chair: Charmane Eastman, PhD
- Advances in the Basic Science and Clinical Understanding of Sleep Related Breathing Disorders
Monday, June 13, 2011; 3 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Co-Chairs: Atul Malhotra, MD; and John Peever, PhD
- Dreaming and Offline Memory Processing
Tuesday, June 14, 2011; 10:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
Co-Chairs: Robert Stickgold, PhD; and Erin Wamsley, PhD
- Fatigue Risk Management – Translation from the Laboratory to the Operational Environment
Tuesday, June 14, 2011; 2:45 p.m. – 4:45 p.m.
Chair: Melissa Mallis, PhD
- The Evolving World of Sleep In the Information Age – Tools and Approaches for Improving Sleep Data Management, Clinical Care and Research
Wednesday, June 15, 2011; 2:45 p.m. – 4:45 p.m.
Co-Chairs: Susan Redline, MD; and Patrick Strollo Jr., MD
For more information about these and other symposia, courses and sessions to be presented during SLEEP 2011, visit the SLEEP 2011 website at www.sleepmeeting.org to view the full Preliminary Program. Ticketed sessions are beginning to sell out…register early to ensure that you are able to attend all of your desired courses and sessions. Questions about the meeting may be directed to the APSS meeting department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 630-737-9700.