Beginning Friday, Jan. 15, 2010, registration for SLEEP 2010, the 24th Annual Meeting of the Associated Professional Sleep Societies LLC (APSS), opens exclusively to members of the AASM and the Sleep Research Society. This members-only registration period allows you to gain access to the most popular courses and sessions before they sell out. It also gives you the opportunity to reserve your hotel room through the SLEEP Housing Bureau. Members can make hotel reservations following their meeting registration by clicking on the "Reserve a Hotel" link on the confirmation page.
SLEEP 2010 will be held June 5-9, 2010, in San Antonio, Texas. New this year: The SLEEP 2010 general session will begin on the afternoon of Sunday, June 6, and conclude on the evening of Wednesday, June 9; sessions will not be held on Thursday, June 10. Information about postgraduate courses, meet the professor sessions, lunch and learn sessions, registration and hotel reservations can be found on the meeting’s Web site at www.sleepmeeting.org. A full Preliminary Program will be available in late February.
With limited space available in each session, several postgraduate courses, meet the professor sessions and lunch and learn sessions are projected to sell out quickly, including:
- Postgraduate Course: "Best Practices in Sleep Medicine 2010"
- Postgraduate Course: "Year In Review"
- Meet the Professor: "Use and Abuse of BiPAP Therapy" (David Rapoport, MD)
- Meet the Professor: "Monitoring Sleep with Portable Devices: Are We There Yet?" (Patrick Strollo Jr., MD)
- Lunch and Learn: "Best Approach for CPAP Intolerant Subjects: Oral Appliance vs. Surgery" (Dennis Bailey, DDS, and Edward Weaver, MD)
Members are encouraged to take advantage of this opportunity to register for SLEEP 2010 while all sessions are still available. For more information about SLEEP 2010 or to register, visit the meeting’s Web site at www.sleepmeeting.org.
To compliment your experience at SLEEP 2010, San Antonio offers a vibrant array of attractions and historical sites including:
- River Walk: Take a river taxi up the newly extended River Walk at night, travel through the new lock and dam system and be dazzled by a dozen new lighted public art installations along the banks.
- Natural Bridge Caverns: Walk 180 feet below the ground and observe the awe-inspiring ancient formations centuries in the making while listening to a knowledgeable tour guide at this underground world of natural beauty.
- Enchanted Spring Ranch Tour: Stroll back in time down the streets of the new west and enjoy a tractor wagon ride through a working ranch of Texas longhorns, horses, buffalo and exotic animals.
- El Mercado (also known as "Market Square"): Go bargain hunting at more than 30 specialty shops featuring authentic art, clothing, food and jewelry located in the largest Mexican marketplace outside of Mexico.