Recent news coverage of sleep-related topics has included the expertise and insight of AASM members who have helped raise awareness of the importance of healthy sleep:
- AASM Past President Nathaniel Watson, MD, discussed school start times with TIME.com.
- AASM Founding President William Dement, MD, PhD, spoke with NPR’s Jeremy Hobson of the mid-day news program Here and Now about the nationwide problem of insufficient sleep and untreated sleep disorders.
- Susan Redline, MD, MPH, was the subject of a profile in Sleep Review.
- Michael Gelb, DDS; Susan Manganaro, MD; and Avram Gold, MD, discussed upper airway resistance syndrome with Elle magazine.
- Vikas Jain, MD, discussed sleep apps with the Chicago Tribune.
- Safia Khan, MD, and David L Luterman, MD, talked to the Dallas Morning News about sleep aids.
- Talha Memon, MD, discussed sleep apnea on the Temeculah Valley Hospital podcast.
Would you like tips on how you can build relationships with local news media? Download the free AASM Media Relations Toolkit for helpful resources.