FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Lynn Celmer, 630-737-9700, ext. 9364, email@example.com
DARIEN, IL – Sleep clinicians and scientists from around the world will discuss current practices in sleep medicine and the latest findings in sleep research at SLEEP 2014, the 28th Annual Meeting of the Associated Professional Sleep Societies LLC (APSS), which will be held June 1-4 at the Minneapolis Convention Center.
This year’s program (available at www.sleepmeeting.org) includes symposia, clinical workshops and discussion groups on topics ranging from neuroscience and genetics to dreams, sleep deprivation and aging. Clinical sleep specialists also will discuss current practices in the diagnosis and treatment of sleep disorders such as insomnia, narcolepsy and obstructive sleep apnea.
Among the highlights:
- About 1,100 research abstracts will be presented, and press releases highlighting some of the intriguing research at SLEEP 2014 will be distributed prior to and during the meeting. Interviews with authors and expert spokespersons can be scheduled by request. For all SLEEP 2014 press releases, subscribe to the AASM RSS feed.
- Updates and discussion on social media: Follow @aasmorg and @aasmpr on Twitter for live updates and use the official hashtag #SLEEP2014 to see what attendees are saying. “Like” the American Academy of Sleep Medicine on Facebook at Facebook.com/sleepmedicine for photos, videos and more.
- During the plenary session on Monday, June 2, the first keynote address, “Sleep and the Price of Plasticity,” will be presented by Giulio Tononi, MD, PhD, professor of psychiatry at the University of Wisconsin, Madison.
- Andrew Renda, MD, MPH, program manager for the Chronic Care Strategies Team at Humana, will give a second keynote address, “Managed Care Perspective on Long-term Treatment, Outcomes and Economics of Sleep Disorders.”
- Telehealth will be the topic of an invited lecture on Wednesday, June 4, by Adam Darkins, MD, MPH, chief consultant for care coordination in the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Selected late-breaking abstracts will be presented during the afternoon of Wednesday, June 4.
- From Monday, June 2, through Wednesday, June 4, more than 100 exhibitors will showcase the latest products and services available in the field of sleep medicine.
The APSS is a joint venture of the American Academy of Sleep Medicine and the Sleep Research Society. To be placed on the mailing list for SLEEP 2014 press releases or to register for SLEEP 2014 press credentials, contact AASM Communications Coordinator Lynn Celmer at 630-737-9700, ext. 9364, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.