The AASM invites nominations from the membership for one two-year term on the Nominating Committee.
The Nominating Committee is charged with the evaluation of applications received from the membership and the recommendation of highly-qualified candidates for service in leadership capacities. The Nominating Committee’s role is to identify candidates that have actively served the organization and possess the knowledge, integrity, leadership skills and competency required to represent the AASM in the best interests of its members.
Members interested in serving as the at-large member of the Nominating Committee must meet the following qualifications:
- The individual must be a member, in good standing, of the AASM for at least five consecutive years.
- The individual must have prior service on an AASM task force or committee, or leadership of an approved AASM Section at some time in the past five years.
- The individual must meet the same conflict of interest standards required of the Board of Directors.
The outlined duties of the Nominating Committee include:
- Receiving and reviewing nominations from the membership for leadership offices that have current vacancies.
- Submitting a report with its formal recommendations for leadership candidates and award recipients to the Board of Directors by October.
Additionally, attendance is required at a face-to-face meeting of the Nominating Committee, which is scheduled for October, 2011, as well as additional conference calls that may be deemed necessary.
Members interested in serving as the at-large member of the Nominating Committee are encouraged to submit their intent by 5:00 p.m. CT on Wednesday, August 17, 2011. Interested members are required to submit the following application materials:
- A C.V. that details professional experience as well as the membership and volunteer qualifications outlined above. The standard NIH biosketch may be used.
- A completed conflict of interest disclosure form.
Application materials can be sent to the attention of Jordana Money via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org; fax to (630) 737-9790; or mail to 2510 N. Frontage Road, Darien, IL 60561.