The AASM congratulates the recipients of the 2011 Section Investigator Awards, which honor the most outstanding abstract from a young investigator within the membership of each section:
- Childhood Sleep Disorders and Development: Alyssa Anne Cairns, PhD, RPSGT – University of Southern Mississippi
- Insomnia: Ting-hsu Chen, MD – Boston University
- Movement Disorders: Lynn Marie Trotti, MD – Emory University School of Medicine
- Narcolepsy: Miranda Lim, MD, PhD – University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
- Sleep Deprivation: Hengyi Rao, PhD – University of Pennsylvania
- Sleep Related Breathing Disorders: Danny Eckert, PhD – Brigham and Women’s Hospital & Harvard Medical School
The Circadian Rhythms and Parasomnias sections did not issue an award this year. The award recipients will be recognized and will have an opportunity to present their abstract during their membership section meeting at SLEEP 2011 in Minneapolis, Minn. View the agendas for this year’s section meetings in advance on the Sections page of the AASM website.