Each year the AASM recognizes the outstanding efforts of a young investigator in the field of sleep research with the Young Investigator Award. The AASM congratulates the recipient of the 2011 AASM Young Investigator Award:
- Birgitte Kornum, PhD – Stanford University – “Common variant in the PSY11 receptor gene is associated with narcolepsy and with higher susceptibility to ATP induced cell death in T lymphocytes”
The AASM also congratulates these four individuals who were recognized with the Young Investigator Honorable Mention Award:
- Caris Fitzgerald, MD – University of Arkansas Medical Sciences
- Norah Simpson, PhD – Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Mauro Manconi, MD, PhD – Scientific Institute of San Raffaele
- Rachel Markwald, PhD – University of Colorado
These award recipients will be recognized Monday, June 13, 2011, in Minneapolis, Minn., during the AASM General Membership Meeting at SLEEP 2011, the 25th Anniversary Meeting of the Associated Professional Sleep Societies LLC.