The AASM Manual for the Scoring of Sleep and Associated Events, Version 2.3 will be released April 1, 2016. Based on the recommendations of the AASM Scoring Manual Editorial Board, the AASM Board of Directors has approved the following changes in this scoring manual update:
- A new Technical Specifications section in the Movement Rules chapter, which includes new rules and figures for electrode placement for monitoring or detecting movements, along with rules about video PSG requirements for diagnosing sleep related rhythmic movement disorder and REM sleep behavior disorder.
- New rules, figures, and clarifications for scoring periodic limb movements in sleep (PLMS).
- A revision to the rule for scoring bruxism so that masseter EMG activity is included as a way to detect bruxism.
- A new rule and figure for scoring sleep stages when 3 or more segments of an epoch meet criteria for different stages.
- A new note clarifying how to score an arousal immediately preceding a transition to wake.
All AASM accredited sleep facilities will be required to implement the new rules in Version 2.3 by Oct. 1, 2016.
Updated annually, the AASM Manual for the Scoring of Sleep and Associated Events is an online resource offering you multi-platform digital access from your desktop, tablet and mobile device. Subscribers can access the manual via the AASM website or by using the AASM Resource Library app, which is a free download through the App Store or Google play.
An annual subscription ensures that you always have immediate access to the current version of the manual, and it enables you to remain compliant with AASM accreditation standards.
Purchase your subscription today!