The National Institutes of Health is looking for ideas for inexpensive and highly feasible K-12 classroom experiments to help generate interest in the science. The Lessons About Bioscience (LAB) Challenge is the perfect opportunity to help promote awareness of sleep. According to contest guidelines, each entry must:
- be geared toward grades K-12
- use safe, easily available, inexpensive materials
- take 90 minutes (or less) of class time
- have at least one clear learning objective
- be related to health and life science (the mission of the National Institutes of Health*)
The deadline to enter in the LAB Challenge is December 15, 2011. For more details, visit the LAB Challenge contest page.