In fall 2010, the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM) and our affiliate organizations, the Sleep Research Society (SRS), American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine (AADSM) and American Association of Sleep Technologists (AAST), will be moving our national headquarters to Darien, Illinois.
The AASM will shortly break ground on a new building to house these offices. This exciting move represents a number of investments by the AASM:
- Financial Investment – Moving from our current leased headquarters into a building owned by the organization marks a long-term investment in the future of our organization.
- Operational Investment – The AASM is working closely with our builders to ensure that this new structure is customized to fit our current and future needs (including a second level that will house meeting space for educational courses and events).
- Environmental Investment – The new building will be a green construction. Choosing to build in this manner illustrates the AASM’s commitment to preserve our environment for future generations.
Commemorative Time Capsule
In celebration of this significant move, the AASM plans to bury a commemorative time capsule within the building’s foundation (to be opened in the AASM’s centennial anniversary year of 2075). And we’re asking for your involvement!
What do you think should be included in the AASM’s time capsule?
Submit your ideas to Katie Szymanski, AASM Marketing & Membership Manager, on or before Tuesday, June 30, 2009. Once the AASM has reviewed all suggestions, we will contact chosen contributors for their material (all selected material must be provided to the AASM electronically by Friday, July 17, 2009).
- All suggestions must be submitted electronically. Only suggestions/descriptions of items should be submitted for the June 30, 2009 deadline. DO NOT SUBMIT THE ACTUAL ITEM. If your submission is chosen, the AASM will contact you for all corresponding materials following the deadline.
- Submissions are limited to items that can be converted from electronic to print format (no objects allowed), and may not exceed three pages on 8"x11" letter-sized paper. Exact instructions and specifications for material delivery will be provided to you if your submission is chosen.
- No submissions should infringe upon any individual and/or organization’s copyright, trademark, or other ownership rights. By submitting an item, you certify your ownership of and right to distribute all included material.
- Any submissions that do not conform to the above guidelines will not be considered.
Submit Your Suggestions Now to email@example.com.