Recent news coverage of sleep-related topics has included the expertise and insight of AASM members who have helped raise awareness of the importance of healthy sleep:
- AASM President-Elect Ilene Rosen, MD; Raj Dasgupta, MD; and Kingman Strohl, MD, talked to TODAY.com about what it means when you are tired all the time.
- AASM Past President Nathaniel Watson, MD, talked to Fast Company and Consumer Reports about the Fitbit launch of a new Sleep Stages feature.
- In a Consumer Reports article published by the Washington Post, Charlene Gamaldo, MD; Romy Hoque, MD; and Raj Dasgupta, MD, discussed snoring and sleep apnea.
- Daniel Buysse, MD, and Jennifer Martin, PhD, discussed with Paste magazine how technology is changing the way we deal with insomnia.
- Shalini Paruthi, MD, talked to Real Simple about preparing for daylight saving time.
- Vikas Jain, MD, discussed how to prepare for the change to daylight saving time with WBBM CBS news radio in Chicago.
- Sandhya Kumar, MD, discussed with Health.com how the change to daylight saving time can affect your health.
Would you like tips on how you can build relationships with local news media? Download the free AASM Media Relations Toolkit for helpful resources.