RBD – Past, Present, Future Part 1 Webcast 2021
The American Academy of Sleep Medicine presents a webcast on REM Sleep Behavior Disorder (RBD). REM Sleep Behavior Disorder (RBD) is parasomnia characterized by dream enactment in the context of loss of physiological atonia during REM sleep. RBD is of particular importance to sleep medicine, neurology, and neurosciences as it is one of the earliest manifestations of α-synuclein related neurodegeneration. The majority of patients with isolated RBD eventually develop Parkinson’s disease, dementia with Lewy bodies, or multiple system atrophy. Part 1 will highlight clinical aspects of the disorder, its diagnosis, pathophysiology, and treatment.
- RBD – Historical Perspective, Epidemiology, Pathophysiology
- Miranda Lim, MD, PhD Oregon Health & Science University
- RBD – Clinical Features
- Elena Antelmi, MD – University of Bologna, Italy
- RBD – Diagnosis and Management
- Joan Santamaria, MD – Hospital clinic of Barcelona, Spain