Sleep Medicine Trends is the premier educational event for sleep medicine clinicians. This annual course enables attendees to explore new strategies for patient care while learning about the emerging technologies and innovations that are making an impact on clinical sleep medicine.
The AASM thanks and recognizes the Sleep Medicine Trends 2023 sponsors.
Who Should Attend?
Sleep Medicine Trends is ideal for physicians and other health care professionals involved in the diagnosis and management of sleep disorders. Attendees will learn from an expert faculty and network with colleagues from across the country to gain clinical insights that will help you adapt and thrive while improving patient care.
What Will Attendees Learn at Sleep Medicine Trends?
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Apply new strategies for advancing sleep care and enhancing sleep health;
- Improve outcomes by providing evidence-based, patient-centered care for sleep disorders;
- Understand how new diagnostic tools, therapies, and practice standards can be used to improve quality of care in clinical sleep medicine; and
- Recognize the potential – and limitations – of emerging technologies and innovations in clinical sleep medicine
Prepare for new developments in sleep medicine.
Trends 2023 features a 3-day agenda comprising highly anticipated presentations on a variety of clinical topics including…
- Keynote: Improving Care for Patients with Chronic Insomnia Disorder
- Cases in Advanced Non-Invasive PAP Therapy
- Management of Sleep Disorders in the Older Adult
To promote the health and safety of all participants, the AASM encourages attendees to get a flu shot and get up to date with the COVID-19 vaccine/boosters prior to the meeting.
The AASM also encourages attendees to respect individual decisions about masking.
Read the FAQs below for more details about the Sleep Medicine Trends COVID-19 protocols.
If you think Austin is just a great place to hear music, you’re in for a big surprise!
Austin visitors enjoy world-class museums, one-of-a-kind shopping and beautiful outdoor spaces. Take some time to relax as you spend your morning paddling the lake and your evening experiencing a variety of culinary cuisines.
On or before December 18
December 19 through January 15
|January 16 through February 19|
|AASM Student Member||$750||$850||$950|
The American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Save with AASM Membership
Join over 10,000 members in helping patients achieve optimal health through better sleep.
Pre-registration for Sleep Medicine Trends has closed. Attendees can register on site at the registration desk on the 6th floor of the Hilton Austin during the following dates/times:
- Thursday, February 16: 4:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Friday, February 17: 6:45 a.m. – 5:15 p.m.
- Saturday, February 18: 6:45 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday, February 19: 6:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
Registration is limited. Please register early. Confirmation will be sent via email within one week of receipt of registration form and payment. All attendees must pre-register; on-site registration will not be accepted. The AASM will not be held liable if an individual purchases an airline ticket before receiving confirmation of registration for a course.
The AASM is implementing a flexible cancellation policy for Sleep Medicine Trends. All cancellation requests must be submitted in writing to the AASM national office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Registrants who submit a cancellation request by Sunday, Jan. 15, 2023, will receive a full refund of all registration fees. For registrants who submit a cancellation request after Jan. 15, 2023, a $50 administrative fee will be withheld from the registration refund. (Hotel and travel reservations must be cancelled separately and are not covered by this policy). The AASM reserves the right to cancel this course and provide a full refund to registrants should conditions warrant cancellation. The refund will only include the cost of registration for the event.
The AASM is monitoring the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and is working with the hotel to promote a healthy, safe, and enjoyable experience for all attendees, exhibitors, and staff. To promote the health and safety of all participants, the AASM encourages attendees to get a flu shot and get up to date with the COVID-19 vaccine/boosters prior to the meeting. The AASM also:
- Encourages attendees to respect individual decisions about masking
- Encourages registrants to stay home if you feel ill or have been in close contact with someone who is ill
- Will enable attendees to indicate their personal interaction preferences during the meeting
- Will have masks and COVID tests available on-site for attendees who request one
- Will work with the hotel to promote ventilation and host social events outdoors when possible and will take steps to ensure that the hotel follows cleaning and disinfection standards and makes hand sanitizer readily available
- Will make session recordings available for those who are unable to attend or uncomfortable attending in person
- Will monitor CDC guidance and the recommendations and requirements of the state of Texas, Travis County, and the city of Austin to adjust these protocols as needed