Sonicwall Netextender Installation and Configuration for Microsoft Windows
- Please run the Sonicwall Netextender installer file which can be downloaded here. If you already have this program installed on your computer because you have company laptop you can skip to step 3.
- Run the installer and accept the default prompts.
- Run the software (NetExtender). You can find it in the programs list or by searching for it.
- Once Netextender comes up, please click on the wrench tool in the bottom left
corner of the application. (the icon in the middle)
- Click on Connection Scripts
- Uncheck “Attempt to execute domain logon script”
- Click Edit “NXConenct.bat” as in the screenshot below. A notepad file should come up.
- Please Copy the 3 lines below and Paste them at the end of the file. Then click File/Save and close the Notepad File. If an AASM laptop is your main computer at work and is what you are using to work from home then only copy the first 2 lines.
IF EXIST “C:\Program Files (x86)\Mitel\Connect\Mitel.exe” START “” “C:\Program Files (x86)\Mitel\Connect\Mitel.exe”IF EXIST “C:\Program Files (x86)\ShoreTel\Connect\ShoreTel.exe” START “” “C:\Program Files (x86)\ShoreTel\Connect\ShoreTel.exe”START “” “%windir%\system32\mstsc.exe”
- Click OK in the active window.
- Enter the information below in the software (use your username and password) and click connect.
If you get a certificate security alert, please Use the option: Always Trust After it connects you can minimize it.Server: remote.aasm.org:4433
Username: [Your username] ie. jwilbanks
Password:[Your work password]