Accreditation Policies and Procedures
General AASM Accreditation Application Process
- Review the Facility Standards for Accreditation, Independent Sleep Practice Standards for Accreditation and/or DME Accreditation Standards.
- Review the Accreditation Policies and Procedures completely before beginning the online application.
- Complete and submit the online application for accreditation (link) and applicable payment to begin the accreditation process.
- The American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM) will review your application and contact you within four to six weeks of your application submission/payment.
- The AASM will work with the facility to address any issues within the application.
- After all mandatory issues are resolved; the facility will have a site visit with an AASM Board-certified sleep specialist site visitor (if applicable).
- After the visit, the AASM Board of Directors will review the facility and make a decision regarding accreditation.
- Receive your accreditation decision from the AASM via mail.
Business Associate Agreement
The AASM Accreditation process requires completion of a Business Associate Agreement. The AASM recommends facilities download and sign the AASM’s standardized Business Associate Agreement and submit as part of the completed Accreditation Application. Facilities wishing to use their own custom Business Associate Accreditation should contact the AASM Accreditation Department at email@example.com for more information.
Facilities, independent sleep practices, and durable medical equipment suppliers use the same online application to apply for AASM accreditation.